WHY THE PROGRAMME IS NECESSARY
One of the nine central challenges identified by the National Development Plan is that too few people work, youth unemployment statistics currently sit at 38%. Skills and enterprise development is critical in preparing the youth for career and entrepreneurial opportunities that will help break the cycle of poverty.
Through the development of skills, enterprises and social services, our aim is to:
- Contribute to a decrease in youth unemployment.
- Encourage and create a sense of personal accountability amongst youth.
- Facilitate skills acquisition towards employment and enterprise opportunity.
- Make sustainable impact on communities and the economy.
- Ensure return on investment for investors under the BBBEE codes.
DIRECT BENEFICIARY BENEFITS
- Career guidance
- Skills Development
- Access to Bursaries
- Job Placement
- New Venture Creation
- Psychosocial Support
- Nutrition (One meal a day)