WHY THE PROGRAMME IS NECESSARY
Investing in Early Childhood Development recognises that the protection and development of children not only safe guards their own well-being but is also the best guarantee of future peace, security and prosperity for the community at large.
Afrika Tikkun’s Early Childhood Development centres are state-of-the-art facilities with a curriculum that produces school ready children. Analysis has shown that they perform better than their peers from feeder ECD centres in their communities.
The objectives for our Early Childhood Development are:
- To provide children an opportunity to develop in the areas of numeracy and literacy through play and creative activities
- To improve the health and wellbeing of children by improving access to adequate nutrition and health services
- To ensure children are given age-appropriate computer skills development
DIRECT BENEFICIARY BENEFITS
An investment in our Early Childhood Development Programme provides a child access to:
- Motor Skills Development
- Early Life Skills Development
- Nutrition (minimum of 3 meals per day)
INDIRECT COMMUNITY BENEFITS
We care about our impact on the broader community. For that reason, we employ from the local community as this will contribute to the growth and development of children, whilst ensuring the future sustainability of the programme within the community.