What is the Alumni/ Career Day on the 15th June 2019?
Over 600 Afrika Tikkun Alumni members will gather at the Reception Hall, Johannesburg in Braamfontein on their Alumni/ Career Expo on the 15 June 2019 from 9am-4pm. The event is made possible by the City of Johannesburg and Afrika Tikkun.
The event will offer a seminar talk on the 4th Industrial Revolution. Furthermore it will lead a discussion exploring the opportunities available for our young people in the 4th Industrial Economy. Amongst the panelist, we have African Bank, National Empowerment Fund, and Cloud Smith. Also, we will present Afrika Tikkun success stories of our young people that have found a gate way to be part of the new exciting economy.
In addition, the day is special to all our young people. It take place during June, a month known and put aside to celebrate and remember June 16, 1976. Our perspective is to continue celebrating the day and provide opportunities and platform for our young people to engage on youth development and access employment and entrepreneurial opportunities through our partners in cooperate, youth development and academic institutions.
Alumni/ Career Expo Agenda June 15 2019 (9am-3pm)
7am-9am– Arrival and Tea
9am-10am– Welcome: Birgit Vijverberg COO- AT (5 MIN)
Opening: Marc Lubner CEO- AT (30 MIN)
Alumni report: Nehwoh B Geh GM- AT (20 MIN)
11:30am-12:15pm– Alumni State of Address: Speech Competition
12:30pm-1:15pm– Young People & the 4th Industrial Revolution
1:30pm- 3pm– Lunch and Career Expo
3pm– Announcement of Speech Competition Winners and Award Ceremony (30 MIN)
& Closure- Onyi Nwaneri Group Executive Partnerships and Marketing (5 MIN)
Lindiwe Mdaki is the Social Support Specialist. The National Empowerment Fund (NEF) is established by the National Empowerment Fund Act, 1998 (Act No. 105 of 1998). The NEF is a driver and thought leader in promoting and facilitating black economic participation by providing financial and non-financial support to black empowered businesses, and promoting a culture of savings and investment among black people.
The NEF provides business loans from R250 000 to R75 million across all industry sectors, for start-ups, expansion and equity acquisition purposes.
NEF is the proud partner with Afrika Tikkun, and will be participating in the Afrika Tikkun Career Expo for the second time. Lindiwe will address to our Alumni Members on entrepreneurial opportunities and how NEF can assist them in their dream towards becoming business man and woman.
KK Sibongakonke Fumba: Panel Moderator
He will be moderating a panel discussion on the topic ‘The 4th Industrial Revolution in our life time’. The discussion will explore opportunities available for young people in the 4th industrial economy.
Biography on moderator
Sibongakonke “KK” Fumba is a Director at Thomson Reuters’ Financial and Risk Africa business (now known as Refinitiv Africa) where is responsible for the Africa business’ Strategic Accounts. KK is passionate about Diversity and Inclusion and his motto is “Diversity means we see things differently and it is OK to disagree”. Kk was awarded a 2018 Tutu Fellowship, a flagship leadership development programme. He was also appointed an Afrika Tikkun Ambassador during the same year; where the organisation’s vision is to end child poverty and positively impact and mentor youth, from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, into economic empowerment.
- African Bank
- National Empowerment Fund
- Cloud Smith
- City of Johannesburg Youth Unit
- Young and Successful Entrepreneur 1 Tebogo Mabye
- Young and Successful Entrepreneur 2 Mpumelelo Mfula
All biographies will be submitted to Afrika Tikkun by the end of the day 14 June 2019 by the panellists.
Rising Stars Awards
This year and for the first time we will award seven candidates in the Alumni Programme in order to recognize their one year contributions and dedication in leading and organizing for the Alumni Programme in their centres.
Categories and their objective
- Leadership Excellence Award 2019
- It is awarded to an Alumni Committee Member for demonstrating outstanding leadership skills.
- The Most Committed Leader of the year 2019
- It is awarded to an Alumni Committee Member for demonstrating outstanding and tireless commitment towards his/ her fellow team and centre level alumni committee.
- The Best Innovative Team Award 2019
- It is awarded to an Alumni Committee for demonstrating an ability and effort in implementing the Alumni Activities.
- Responsible Kindness Award 2019
- It is awarded to an Alumni Committee for demonstrating kindness to his/ her fellow members and clients. He/ She exemplifies the responsible kindness value in their very best of their ability.
- The Most Organized Team Award 2019
- It is awarded to an Alumni Committee for demonstrating ability to organize their administration tasks, recruitment strategies and communication in the Alumni Programme (National and Centre level).
- The Most Supportive Facilitator Award
- It is awarded to a CDP facilitator who has demonstrated great support towards his/ her team, and at all national level activities and events.
- The Most Promising Team Award
- It is awarded to an Alumni Committee for demonstrating an ability to grow, organize better and become a better committee in the year 2020.
All candidates were officially nominated and elected making up a final list of the recipients to be recognized on the 15th June 2019.
In addition, all Alumni Leaders will be presented with an acknowledgement certificates and golden medals towards their service hours as Alumni Committee member for the year 2018- 2019.
This year, for the first time, the Alumni Day will feature a career expo. The expo will provide an opportunity for our Alumni members to interact, engage and network with cooperate, government, non- governmental organizations, academic and youth agencies to plan for their career goals and access employment opportunities on site.
- Teddy Bear Clinic
- City Year South Africa
- National Empowerment Fund
- Financial Services Board
- National Credit Regulator
- Cloud Smith
- African Bank
- Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation